I'm a leader, entrepreneur, researcher and software engineer.
Currently, I'm responsible for the Artificial Intelligence group at Samsung R&D Institute Poland
. This is a rather large group (over 100 researchers and engineers in 3 locations) working on projects related to Natural Language Processing, Text Mining, Speech Recognition, Speech Synthesis and (Big) Data Analytics.
In my academic life, I had done research on distributed systems, complex adaptive systems, media streaming, content delivery, peer-to-peer and wireless ad-hoc networks. In 2009, I received a Ph.D. degree in computer science from Trinity College Dublin
In 2004, I received an M.Sc. degree in computer science from both University of Warsaw
and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
For many years, I've worked as a software engineer and architect for a number of IT companies. I've also funded two startups: FilesOverMiles
Publications from my academic life
- J. Sacha, B. Biskupski, D. Dahlem, R. Cunningham, R. Meier, J. Dowling, and M. Haahr. Decentralising a Service-Oriented Architecture. Springer Journal on Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, vol. 3(4), pp. 323–350, 2010.
- B. Biskupski. Adaptable Peer-to-Peer Internet Live Media Streaming. Ph.D. Thesis, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, March 2009.
- B. Biskupski, M. Schiely, P. Felber, and R. Meier. Tree-based Analysis of Mesh Overlays for Peer-to-Peer Streaming. In 8th IFIP International Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems (DAIS'08), LNCS, Oslo, Norway, June 2008.
- R. Cunningham, B. Biskupski, and R. Meier. Managing Peer-to-Peer Live Streaming Applications. In 8th IFIP International Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems (DAIS'08), LNCS, Oslo, Norway, June 2008.
- B. Biskupski, R. Cunningham, and R. Meier. Improving Throughput and Node Proximity of P2P Live Video Streaming through Overlay Adaptation. In International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM'07), IEEE, Taichung, Taiwan, December 2007.
- B. Biskupski, J. Dowling, and J. Sacha. Properties and Mechanisms of Self-Organising MANET and P2P Systems. ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS'07), ACM Press, March 2007.
- J. Sacha, B. Biskupski, D. Dahlem, R. Cunningham, J. Dowling, and R. Meier. A Service-Oriented Peer-to-Peer Architecture for a Digital Ecosystem. In 1st IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies (DEST'07), IEEE, Cairns, Australia, February 2007.
- D. Dahlem, L. Nickel, J. Sacha, B. Biskupski, and R. Meier. Towards Improving the Availability of Service Compositions. In 1st IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies (DEST'07), IEEE, Cairns, Australia, February 2007.
- B. Biskupski, R. Cunningham, J. Dowling, R. Meier. High-Bandwidth Mesh-based Overlay Multicast in Heterogeneous Environments. In 2nd International Workshop on Advanced Architectures and Algorithms for Internet Delivery and Applications (AAA-IDEA 2006), ACM Press, Pisa, Italy, October 2006.
- D. Dahlem, D. McKitterick, L. Nickel, J. Dowling, B. Biskupski, R. Meier. Binding- and Port-Agnostic Service Composition using a P2P SOA. In ICSOC Workshop on Dynamic Web Processes (DWP), ICSOC 2005, Amsterdam, Netherlands, December 2005.
- P. Garbacki, B. Biskupski, and H. Bal. Transparent Fault Tolerance for Grid Applications. In Proceedings of the European Grid Conference (EGC2005), Amsterdam, The Netherlands, February 2005.
- B. Biskupski. Transparent Fault Tolerance for Parallel Java Applications. Master's Thesis, July 2003.