I'm a software engineer, researcher and entrepreneur who loves building great teams.
Currently, I'm responsible for the Artificial Intelligence group at Samsung R&D Institute Poland
. This is a rather large group (over 100 researchers and engineers in 3 locations) working on projects related to Natural Language Processing, Text Mining, Speech Recognition, Speech Synthesis and (Big) Data Analytics. My main research interest is in Deep Learning methods and their application to these areas.
In my academic life, I had done research on distributed systems, complex adaptive systems, media streaming, content delivery, peer-to-peer and wireless ad-hoc networks. In 2009, I received a Ph.D. degree in computer science from Trinity College Dublin
In 2004, I received an M.Sc. degree in computer science from both University of Warsaw
and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
For many years, I've worked as a software engineer and architect for a number of IT companies. I've also funded two startups: FilesOverMiles
Publications from my academic life
- J. Sacha, B. Biskupski, D. Dahlem, R. Cunningham, R. Meier, J. Dowling, and M. Haahr. Decentralising a Service-Oriented Architecture. Springer Journal on Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, vol. 3(4), pp. 323–350, 2010.
- B. Biskupski. Adaptable Peer-to-Peer Internet Live Media Streaming. Ph.D. Thesis, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, March 2009.
- B. Biskupski, M. Schiely, P. Felber, and R. Meier. Tree-based Analysis of Mesh Overlays for Peer-to-Peer Streaming. In 8th IFIP International Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems (DAIS'08), LNCS, Oslo, Norway, June 2008.
- R. Cunningham, B. Biskupski, and R. Meier. Managing Peer-to-Peer Live Streaming Applications. In 8th IFIP International Conference on Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems (DAIS'08), LNCS, Oslo, Norway, June 2008.
- B. Biskupski, R. Cunningham, and R. Meier. Improving Throughput and Node Proximity of P2P Live Video Streaming through Overlay Adaptation. In International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM'07), IEEE, Taichung, Taiwan, December 2007.
- B. Biskupski, J. Dowling, and J. Sacha. Properties and Mechanisms of Self-Organising MANET and P2P Systems. ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS'07), ACM Press, March 2007.
- J. Sacha, B. Biskupski, D. Dahlem, R. Cunningham, J. Dowling, and R. Meier. A Service-Oriented Peer-to-Peer Architecture for a Digital Ecosystem. In 1st IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies (DEST'07), IEEE, Cairns, Australia, February 2007.
- D. Dahlem, L. Nickel, J. Sacha, B. Biskupski, and R. Meier. Towards Improving the Availability of Service Compositions. In 1st IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies (DEST'07), IEEE, Cairns, Australia, February 2007.
- B. Biskupski, R. Cunningham, J. Dowling, R. Meier. High-Bandwidth Mesh-based Overlay Multicast in Heterogeneous Environments. In 2nd International Workshop on Advanced Architectures and Algorithms for Internet Delivery and Applications (AAA-IDEA 2006), ACM Press, Pisa, Italy, October 2006.
- D. Dahlem, D. McKitterick, L. Nickel, J. Dowling, B. Biskupski, R. Meier. Binding- and Port-Agnostic Service Composition using a P2P SOA. In ICSOC Workshop on Dynamic Web Processes (DWP), ICSOC 2005, Amsterdam, Netherlands, December 2005.
- P. Garbacki, B. Biskupski, and H. Bal. Transparent Fault Tolerance for Grid Applications. In Proceedings of the European Grid Conference (EGC2005), Amsterdam, The Netherlands, February 2005.
- B. Biskupski. Transparent Fault Tolerance for Parallel Java Applications. Master's Thesis, July 2003.